Saturday, May 28, 2005

Baby-tastic

Congratulations to our dear friends on the birth of their son, Miles! I just received word tonight that Miles was born Thursday!!! We are so excited for you guys. We hope to get to meet him soon!!! I can't wait to hear all the gory, amazing details of his arrival.

Other than that, we traveled to Turlock today for a family function (my husband's family). It was a rocky start (traveling somewhere new without good directions doesn't make for a good time for us) and we threatened each other to not go... But we ended up making it there (2 hours late) and we had a very nice time. It was the first time for most of them to meet our daughter. I think she was a bit overwhelmed from being passed around from person to person for 2 hours straight. At one point I swear she looked at me with utter desperation and said "Please mom, SAVE ME!!!". So of course I did. And within minutes of her being back in my arms she was asleep.

I got my hair cut today. That makes twice this year already.. That is a record for me (I only got my hair cut once last year). It was with a new stylist. I didn't so much like her. But I like how she cut my hair and I had her color it too (with a demi-permanent color, just a tad lighter than my normal color). And even if I hated it, I enjoyed an entire 2 1/2 hours of me time. No whining, no diapers, no "Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama" incessant utterances. I will not be going back to this stylist. She was a bit peer pressurey and had an unfriendly sense of humor. But, the time spent was well worth the insance price I paid!

If anyone even reads this and you need something to waste some time, check out For Steven. It's my husband's band and they are quite good. Just two acoustic guitars, a cello and some heartfelt lyrics. www.takeodesigns.com/fs. Let me know what you think. If you are in the Sacramento area, they have some shows coming up in June. You should really check them out. They rock the coffee house scene.

No comments: