Thursday, August 11, 2005

London calling

So, as if it's really any sort of big deal or milestone, London Thomas Garrison Searles, the son that I brought forth into this world, my first born, is today officially 2 1/2 years old. What does this mean? Oh, just your average "MINE" and "NO" and "STOP THAT" and "NAH" (his new favorite).. All wonderful phrases that it has taken him only 2.5 years to master and will take me approximately the rest of my life to undo. And the crying that ensues when he is denied something that he MUST HAVE AT THIS VERY MOMENT OR HE WILL CEASE TO EXIST. But it also is a lifetime of those "Iwahyou"s that just melt my heart. Those hugs and kisses that I couldn't live a day without. The bedtime rituals of saying "na-night" to everyone and everything (na-night guitar, na-night dump truck, na-night tv), and those sweet kisses he insists on giving Addie. Excuse me as I tear up.

This day means that I couldn't let it go by without acknowledging his existence and sharing my thoughts. Acknowledging that despite his 2 1/2 year old behavior at times, he is the sweetest, cutest and most adorable little boy I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. A little boy who mirrors my image so eerily, but balances it off so perfectly with his Dada's eyes. And with a face like this, how could you not smother him with kisses and praise God each day for bestowing such a perfect gift?

No comments: