Monday, January 02, 2006

Now bring us some figgy pudding

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

We definitely had a great holiday season. Christmas was awesome with the kids (though Adelaide couldn't care less about opening presents). London was beside himself when he woke up and saw all the presents under the tree. The kid believes in Santa, which I'm okay with. I think it's a part of growing up. A right of passage. But, that certainly will not overshadow the true meaning of Christmas.. Christ. We took this opportunity to start teaching London why we celebrate at Christmas. Because God loves us and sent His Son. I know he doesn't really understand what that means, but it's our job as his parents to make sure that someday (soon) he does.

My whole family (my parents, my brothers & their families - 16 people total) spent the week between Christmas and New Year's in Tahoe. Did I mention the 16 people? That would be 8 adults and 8 kids. In one 4 bedroom house. For 5 days. Let's just say that all the tears and yelling and hitting were actually worth it. Growing up my family would hook up with another family we grew up with and head to a cabin in Vermont for the week. We did that for 5 years. Some of the best memories of my childhood came from those trips (4 adults and 7 kids!). We always had a blast! So I was stoked that our families decided to do it this year. Hopefully it will be the start of a new tradition. It was great just to get away and be with my brothers and for the cousins to be together (again, despite all the tears and yelling and hitting). I think they all had a good time. We were forced to leave a day early which totally stinks.. So we didn't actually get to ring in the New Year together. A big storm hit, they closed 50, we lost power in the house for the entire day (New Year's Eve).. So we decided since another storm was coming in that night we'd pack up and leave. Once 50 was reopened we headed out (about 4pm). It was such an abrupt end to the week, but a super fun and enjoyable week nonetheless. I'll post some pictures later today.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year experience.

Now on to 2006!

No comments: