Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Warp speed

I really can't believe it's been over 2 years. There is something about having kids that makes time move at an incredibly fast rate.. Faster than normal. Growing up my dad would always tell me that years pass in the blink of an eye. He was right. Not only am I years older, but my children are growing at a non-stop pace. I have asked them repeatedly to stop growing older, but they have yet to obey.

London is now 7 and wrapping up the 1st grade. He loves school, even though he informed me at the beginning of the school year that he wanted to drop out of school so he didn't have to do homework anymore. I laughed and said, "Sorry dear, you have 10 more years of it." He seems to have accepted this lot in life and has excelled in his studies. He has been playing piano for 2 years and started showing an increasing interest in guitar. We let him start guitar lessons in April. His dad is his teacher, which I love. It is such a special thing for the two of them to be able to bond over. They are both enjoying their time together. London also enjoys playing soccer with the Folsom Soccer Club. He will begin his 4th season of soccer this August, with the same team.

Adelaide is now 5, going on 13 sometimes. She started preschool in February (5 months into the year), but she has fit right in and absolutely loves every minute of it. She has started making her own friends and gets a break from her pesky brothers. ;) She took ballet and tap for 18 months and danced in 2 recitals during that time. Dancing is in her blood and she can't stay away from it for too long. She has taken a break since soccer season last fall, but desperately wants to get back to it. Her favorite part is the recital. She is at home on the big stage, under the lights, dancing in front of a crowd. She has also started piano lessons in April, compliments of her very talented dad. She really enjoys learning and finally being able to do the things her older brother does. She will start Kindergarten in August and is over the moon to be at London's school - FINALLY! I know she will do great and have so much fun each day. Adelaide is a monster on the soccer field!! She will begin her second season this August. She was more aggressive on the field than I expected. She scored several goals throughout the season and absolutely loved being on the field as much as possible.

Porter.. What can I say?! He's 3 1/2 and gains more energy as he grows. Kind of like the Incredible Hulk!! His nickname is Destructor and it is incredibly appropriate. He will being preschool in September (and turn 4)... That is, if the kid gets the desire to use the toilet for his business instead of a diaper. I don't think there is a child that has ever lived that has had less interest in using a toilet! I am determined to get him potty trained by the time school starts in September. I have a feeling he's going to spend a lot of time naked in our backyard this summer..

Gabe continues to be used by God at our church, Harbor Community Church, as the worship director. It has been great to see how God has used him to grow our church in their understanding and love of worshiping our great God! He is also still teaching guitar lessons 5 days a week. He steadily has about 45 students from month to month! He also finds time to be a great dad and an even greater husband :) We are celebrating 10 years of marriage this July.. I can't believe it!

I plug on as a wife and mother. It is always what I knew God was calling me to be. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so blessed to have the husband I have and the three crazy kids I have!

No comments: