Friday, October 22, 2010

That is the question

The current question for our lives is to homeschool or not to homeschool? It has been a question I have been asking myself ever since London was about to start Kindergarten. After 2 years of asking myself that question, I think I may finally be coming up with an answer. It is an answer that won't come without a TON of prayer, though. Homeschooling is a scary thing for me. It is a desire I have - I want to have the kids home with me, learning the things we want to teach them - but every time I think about me being the one in charge of their education, I feel overwhelmingly unqualified.

Is this really what God wants for us? Is it what will be best for the kids? For me? For us as a family? There are so many pros and even some cons, that when all put together still don't give me a clear cut decision. I am not the most creative person and I feel like that is a hinderance in the homeschooling realm. I am also not the most patient person. Heck, I'll just say it.. I'm not even the least bit patient. Can I really handle teaching my children ALL day long?! Sometimes I am giddily excited and screaming "WE'RE GOING TO HOMESCHOOL!!" on the inside and sometimes I am panic-stricken by the notion.

What I do know, with all my heart, is that if homeschooling is what God wants for us, He will provide everything we need for it.. Patience, self-control, kindness, energy, rest, wisdom and finances. I know I need to stop stressing about it and just follow God's lead.

Exciting times ahead....

No comments: