Saturday, September 24, 2005

The joys of motherhood

There are times as a mother that I am just blown away by my kids. Moments (sometimes few) that erase all the crying and screaming and tears and sheer defiance I am faced with on a daily basis. We had one of those moments yesterday. A moment that still overflows my heart with joy. Let me share the back story before you witness the moment.

Gabe was sitting on the couch playing his guitar (a common occurrence in the Searles household). London was sitting on the couch next to him. He quickly got down off the couch, went over to his toy box, grabbed something and came back to the couch and resumed his position next to Gabe. What he picked up was his harmonica (which he loves to play). As Gabe was playing London joined in on his harmonica. A total freestyle jam session! I quickly grabbed the video camera (I am so thankful that thought occurred to me) and began recording. The session lasted probably about 10 minutes. It's almost indescribable the emotion that ran through me watching my little boy playing the harmonica. It instantly aged him. I was no longer looking at my 2 year old. I was looking at my 13 year old. It was by far one of the best moments of my life. I know even more so for Gabe; sharing something he so deeply loves with his son.

So we want to share it with anyone who cares to partake. Check out the video at homepage.mac.com/searlesbunch. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sooo cute!!! what a great moment!