Monday, March 20, 2006

It's over

I have never been so relieved for anything to be over more than I am that this past weekend is behind me. Saturday night is done. My desserts were baked, assembled, eaten and digested. I got so many rave reviews that night it was a little overwhelming. My mind is still a little numb from my 3 day preparation extravaganza.

But it's over now. I am breathing easier. The looming stress of what to make, how it's going to turn out, will I have enough time? is no longer resting on my shoulders. That is a nice feeling.

I regrettably only took pictures of some of my prep work. I didn't take any pictures of the finished products (like my fantastical Lemon Cheesecake with Strawberries and Port Syrup). I need to make another one, though, to see how it tastes.. So I'll take a picture of it at that point.

One of the great things that came out of this event is my website. After many years of dreaming it is finally up and running, not at full steam, but running none the less. www.foodlady.net. It is a total rough draft at this point, but I just needed something as a point of contact for now. Gabe was the mastermind in the website (along with some help from Tommy Base). Gabe also made me some business cards to hand out Saturday night. And I'll tell you, I actually had a couple people come up to me afterwards and ask if I do private parties, to which I replied "Yes indeed!". How cool is that. Whether or not anything comes of those inquiries, just the fact that people would have considered me based on those desserts that night.. That is enough for me! If anything does come up, you will be among the first to know! It's a strange feeling knowing that this dream of mine, working in the food industry - catering, baking professionally, opening up my own bakery - it could really come true some day. That would be something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that it went great! i would hire you in a heartbeat if i needed a baker. all i need now is an excuse to throw a party so i can buy a cheesecake from you.