Monday, May 29, 2006

A mind shattered into a thousand pieces

I am catering a wedding reception this Saturday for 100 people at 6pm. The preparations have started. My mind is about to explode. There is so much I have to do... All whilest caring for the two crazies that suck every last ounce of life out of me. Have I mentioned that I am 5 months pregnant and oh so very tired all the time (see afore mentioned crazies)? Because I am. But I am, of course, so thrilled to have this opportunity. It is a great experience and notch on my catering belt. It's always at this point before the event that I yearn for it to be over and done with. It is now that I long for a full time nanny, a bigger kitchen and (at least) double ovens. That pregnant, lifeless, exhausted part of me wants to just throw in the towel and figure out some other way to provide the food (a way that doesn't involve me preparing it). But the soul of me, that part is as giddy as a school girl at this opportunity to do what it is I love to do. To get one step closer to having my dream job. I am trying to unleash that part so that it devours the other part. That battle is a bloody one.

I cannot wait until Saturday at 11 pm when I lay my weary head down on my pillow and breath a HUGE sigh of relief.

No comments: