Friday, December 16, 2005

My husband gets me

I unintentionally received an early Christmas present tonight. UPS made a delivery while Gabe was out. My present came in its own product box. There was no way I could have avoided seeing what it was. I was bummed knowing that I was just robbed of opening that gift on Christmas morning (and in that experiencing it with Gabe). I am so super stoked over this gift. This is my Taylor guitar of gifts (see previous post "It's better to give than to receive"). This gift proves to me that my husband gets me. He knows me. It is one tangible evidence of his love for me. This was the one gift that I was really REALLY hoping for this Christmas, but not actually expecting to get. And I know without a doubt that my husband knows that if I could have only one gift on my wish list this year, it would be this gift. I still have not opened it. I want to wait for Gabe to be with me when I behold it in all its glory. It actually is a blessing in disguise, receiving this gift early. I still have lots of Christmas baking to do. Now I can get an extra week's worth of use out of this, my precious Christmas gift. My sweet glorious KitchenAid Accolade stand mixer, in all its 400 watt magnificence. That is over ONE HUNDRED more watts than my current KitchenAid mixer. I can't wait to fire this puppy up. Sweet dreams my precious Accolade. Rest well, for tomorrow you start working for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...can i buy your old mixer off you? yours and gabe's giftgiving stories are so sweet. you two are awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Accolade? Hmmm, now I know where the daughter's name came from.