Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So happy together

Today I got new pots and pans from Costco. They are Ameriware Professional commercial grade. My brother also bought the same set several months back and has been happy with them, so I decided I'd give them a try. It was a great deal for the money. I was holding out for All Clad, but with how pricey those puppies are I knew it would be years before I would own them. The pots and pans we currently have (going on almost 6 years) have served us well (though we've had to get rid of both frying pans due to the coating wearing off) but are coated with Teflon, which is the worst thing you could ever cook with. I know this now but didn't back when we got the cookware. So for the sake of my family's well being, I really wanted to change my cookware. So now we'll see how the new stuff does. I'm always excited to have new kitchen stuff. Plus the set came with so many pots and pans, more than I had, so I have some new pieces to find uses for. Hopefully they won't let me down.

I also finally received the Shun Classic bread knife that Gabe got me for Christmas (the company he ordered it from originally sent him a completely different knife than what he ordered). This is the knife I needed to complete my knife collection. It is beautiful. Now my Shun Classic santoku is no longer lonely. Those two are very happy together. That bread knife seriously slices bread like it's butter. Gabe and I are both impressed. And I am oh so smitten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea and it cuts through fingers too! but still, it cut through my finger like butter... its a dang good knife.

Anonymous said...

Let me translate for my husband, Finger weg! means Finger gone. I think... hey guys what up?!

I'm not from around here said...

I was wondering what he was saying.. I just figured it was something German and I wasn't going to question it!!!

Crazy Germans.