Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Walk like an Egyptian

Adelaide is walking. She has just turned 11 months old today. She has been walking on her own, like crazy, for almost a week now. That girl gives me no breaks.

We bought her her first pair of shoes yesterday. They are just your standard "first walker" shoes, white, but with cute little pink embroidered flowers at the top. When the salesman pointed out which shoes were beginning walker appropriate I just about peed myself. I had to forcibly stop myself from buying her 4 pairs of shoes. There are some cute ones. But I played it safe and bought her ones that will go with any outfit. Of course, they won't go with a dress. Dang. I have to go back and buy her a pair that will go with her dresses. She's going to put me in the poor house.

She was so incredibly funny to watch as she walked with shoes on for the first time. She would take these big huge exaggerated steps and then fall down. She did that several times and then decided she was done and she started crawling, but it was the kind of crawling that used a knee and a foot to propel her along. She couldn't quite grasp the shoe thing. She needs practice. And we'll have fun laughing at her (and videotaping her and exploiting her on the internet) as she hones her skills.

Kids are great entertainment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so cute. I can't wait to have my own "entertainment".