Saturday, July 02, 2005

Only the lonely

I must say, most of you (the possible 3 that actually read this site) are about to think I am the sorriest loser out there.. Today is a happy, happy day for me. I recently purchased a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer this past weekend (during the arrest of the sellers, that story will follow in another post).. And today (here comes the happy part) it was moved into it's permanent home in the garage and plugged in. Happy happy joy joy!! I have pined for years to have a garage to put a fridge in. 6 months ago I got that garage.. And now, my dream is fulfilled. Even though it won't really be cold enough to be filled for 24 hours (at which time the ultimate joy will be reached as I will be assured of it working properly), I couldn't help myself and I put a ton of drinks into the fridge. And I loved every minute of it. Sad, huh? Joy in my life is cultivated in the form of a fridge and freezer in my garage. I don't care. I am in the throws of the benefits of being a homeowner.

A HUGE thanks to my wonderful husband who worked for hours in the hot, stifling, 100 degree Sacramento weather garage (in the afternoon!) to move stuff around to put the fridge where I wanted it. And to boot, he went way above and beyond and did an amazing job clearing out the garage too.. It's so uncluttered, and coupled with the grandeur that was plugging in my fridge, I fell in love with having a garage all over again today. It's a lovely thing.

Okay.. Now, get ready for the story of buying the fridge and the arrest that occurred during my purchase.....

No comments: