Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sweet Adelaide Magnolia

In honor of Adelaide's 4 month birthday today, I decided to take her to the doctor. What a way to celebrate!!

So seriously, she had her 4 month check up today... As if anyone who has looked at her doesn't know, she's a chub-a-chub. The girl doesn't eat as much as she should each day (close to half as much). And yet she weighs 15 1/2 lbs (that's the 90th percentile) and she's just over 26 inches tall (also 90th percentile). So she's a growing machine. She got 2 shots today and was such a trooper. She made me proud.

And now, as I reflect back on these past 4 months and wonder where the time has gone, I look at my beautiful daughter and wonder why me? I still am amazed that God has blessed me with my children. Two beautiful, healthy, sunshine to the darkness children. 4 months ago I labored painfully and brought forth an 8 lb bundle of goop. And now, here she is, 4 months later, one of the most precious things I have experienced. I am a better person because of her.

Happy 4 month birthday sweet girl. Mama loves you.

No comments: